Is located on the bottom and
second floor in the Shoppes at the Red Brick Church. The main portion of the
floor will be more of a free flowing crafting area. OUR Focus is on new and
handmade items and do a few consignment and antiques.
Shoppes at the Red Brick Church
Located right next to The PIT in the lower level, Frankie's Fun Center is a collection of arcade games, pool tables and air hockey. Frankie's Fun Center is designed to provide something to do before or after you to sit and relax with friends while enjoying food from The PIT. Groups can come and enjoy popular games like Guitar Hero and Deer Hunter among many others!
History of The Shoppes at the Red Brick Church
Washington, IL was settled in 1825 by Wm. Holland from North Carolina.
The town was known as Holland's Grove until 1832 when it formally became Washington.
Four years previous to the towns renaming, a circuit rider by the name of
Jesse Walker came to Holland's Grove and ultimately constructed a grand
church located on what would eventually become the corner of Walnut and
South Elm Streets.
As the country struggled to get back on its feet after the Civil War, a larger church was built at the corner of Walnut and South Elm Streets in 1870. It was a massive structure, measuring 65 feet to the top of the bell tower, which was 50 feet wide.
In the latter part of 1925, a new church was constructed where the church of 1870 stood. April of 1928 saw the church, now known as the Washington Methodist Episcopal Church, celebrating its centennial anniversary. Following the lean years of the depression, the town of Washington as well as the church experienced expansion. Beginning in the 1950's, the church experienced two decades of growing attendance. The basement annex was added, as well as an addition to the upper part of the building.
1956 saw the church change from the Washington Methodist Episcopal Church to Washington Methodist Church. Another change came in 1968 with the name Washington United Methodist Church. Major expansion and remodeling took place in the 1960’s and 1970’s - The Educational Building was dedicated and significant improvements and additions were made to the church. Church attendance continued to grow until the congregation made the decision to move from Elm Street church to their present location at the corner of North Main Street and Bypass Route 24.
Taken from History of Crossroads UMC: http://www.crossroads4all.org/history
More on The Shoppes at the Red Brick Church
BBB member since 2003.
Washington Chamber of Commerce member since 2010.
Washington Specialty Shops member since 2010.